It’s a bit annoying to stop while traveling to pay a fee at a toll booth. Although it is possible to travel with no problems without an E-ZPass transponder, it is recommended to get one if you do not have it yet. It will make your life more comfortable in the long term.
If you are interested in purchasing or getting an E-ZPass transponder, first, you should know this system is available in 17 states across the USA.
Depending on your traveling or driving plans, you should get the E-ZPass that adjusts better to your lifestyle or family size. You can get discounts, depending on the location you’ve decided to buy the E-ZPass.
If you’re looking for an E-ZPass transponder, the best thing you can do is look for the official websites for more information. Here you have the list of all the states where you can purchase an E-ZPass transponder and some information regarding each one.
- If you’re from Delaware, you can look for E-ZPass information on the Delaware E-ZPass website.
- In Florida, E-ZPass only applies to particular toll roads in Orlando. You can learn more about it by reading this file.
- As for the rest of the states, visit the respective websites so that you can get all the necessary information to complete the purchase. Here you have the full list:
- E-ZPass Website for Illinois, or “I-Pass”
- E-ZPass Website for IndianaE-ZPass Website for Kentucky, or Kentucky RiverLink
- E-ZPass Website for Maine
- E-ZPAss Website for Maryland
- E-ZPass Website for Massachusetts
- E-ZPass Website for New Hampshire
- E-ZPass Website for New Jersey
- E-ZPass Website for New York
- E-ZPass Website for North Carolina, or NC Quick Pass
- E-ZPass Website for Ohio
- E-ZPass Website for Pennsylvania
- E-ZPass Website for Rhode Island
- E-ZPass Website for Virginia
- E-ZPass Website for West Virginia
What is E-ZPass?
If you’re not familiarized with the system, you should know that an E-ZPass transponder is a small device that must be attached to your vehicle. Thanks to it, you don’t have to stop to pay for the fees at the distinct toll lanes, at least if you’re driving through those where E-ZPass is accepted.
Before purchasing your E-ZPass, it’s always a great idea to consider all the options you have. Some states apply discounts for the transponders and toll fees, while in states like Maryland, drivers can get the transponders for free.
Is E-ZPass expensive?
No, it isn’t. Although the transponders are available for free in most states (see the links above for more information), you will be charged between $20 and $35. Once the balance is below a fixed amount, it will be replenished automatically.
Are discounts available for E-ZPass?
Yes, there are discounts available. However, this depends on the state where your E-ZPass was issued and the toll you’re driving through. For instance, states like New York offer multiple discounts for residents but are harsh with out-of-state motorists. See the links above for more information for each state.