In everyday situations, you receive a transponder a week after you have completed the application process. Other websites say that you will receive it from seven to ten days upon completing the registration process. After that, you can proceed with the installation and then wait for 24 hours until the device is activated.
However, it would be best if you acknowledge that due to the current coronavirus outbreak the nation and the world are going through, this may take more time. According to many websites, such as Orange County, you may have to wait up to thirty days for your transponder due to staff shortages and safety reasons.
So, in summary, if you completed the application process today, you would receive your transponder in a week or thirty days, depending on the state’s guidelines and rules regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
Where can I order an E-ZPass?
If you are not familiar with the E-ZPass system, let us explain it to you.
The E-ZPass system is available in 17 states nationwide. Washington DC is not included on the list, but some areas use the system, such as the I-66. To get your E-ZPass, you must go to the correct website.
Each state has a different website. Washington DC motorists should visit the Virginia website to order their transponders. Drivers from other states must visit the respective websites, which are listed below.
- Delaware E-ZPass website.
- In Florida, E-ZPass only applies to particular toll roads in Orlando. You can learn more about it by reading this file.
- E-ZPass Website for Illinois, or “I-Pass”
- E-ZPass Website for IndianaE-ZPass Website for Kentucky, or Kentucky RiverLink
- E-ZPass Website for Maine
- E-ZPAss Website for Maryland
- E-ZPass Website for Massachusetts
- E-ZPass Website for New Hampshire
- E-ZPass Website for New Jersey
- E-ZPass Website for New York
- E-ZPass Website for North Carolina, or NC Quick Pass
- E-ZPass Website for Ohio
- E-ZPass Website for Pennsylvania
- E-ZPass Website for Rhode Island
- E-ZPass Website for Virginia
- E-ZPass Website for West Virginia
After you’ve found the website for your state, you must create an account so that you can order your transponder. Read on to find out how to do it.
Create an account to receive your E-ZPass
The process of creating an account on these websites is straightforward most of the time. If not all, most of them will require you to choose between “personal” or “commercial” accounts. They will provide detailed information, such as weight requirements and the number of tags you can use, depending on your choice.
You will be asked to provide your vehicle, personal, and credit card information at some point. After that, you can provide your address, and your E-ZPass will be delivered as soon as possible, taking into account the country’s current state.
If you don’t want to wait for this, you can always visit a retail store and get your transponder. You will still be required to create an account on the websites listed below. You can also use these sites to find out what stores are available and which ones have E-ZPass available.