The E-ZPass system has 17 states within its network. However, Georgia is not included on that list, which means you need to look for alternatives if you’re traveling through toll lanes in this state.
Even if E-ZPass is not supported in toll lanes in Georgia, there is another option you can choose. According to their website, the toll-collection system used in this state is Peach Pass.
According to their website, even “toll-exempt” vehicles must have a Peach Pass transponder implemented to drive through the Georgia Express Lanes.
How to get Peach Pass
If you want to register multiple vehicles in the network, it’s necessary to use numerous transponders. However, they can be under the same account, so you don’t have to go through the same process again.
When you access the Peach Pass account registration site, please have the following information at hand.
- Personal information, including your name, address, and your active phone number.
- You must provide your driver’s license number, so make sure it is up to date!
- Your vehicle’s information. Everything related to it, including year, model, etc. Most importantly, you must provide the vehicle’s license plate number. You will register within the Peach Pass network.
- Your credit or debit card information. When you open your account, you will be required to pay $20. However, other options, such as paying in cash at the Customer Service Center you’ve chosen, or maybe in a money order.
- Remember that your account replenishes its balance automatically, as E-ZPass does. For this, you must provide a valid credit or debit card.
Manage your account online
After you’ve created your Peach Pass account, you will be allowed to manage your account at your convenience. You have the option of creating a Personal or Corporate account, depending on your needs.
You can manage your account by clicking on the “Open/Manage Your Account” available on the Peach Pass website’s main page.
The information required to access your account is your account number and the four-digit PIN you established when you first registered or the last digits of the phone number you provided to the system.
The process is not complicated at all. However, if you still have doubts about the website or the system in general, you can get in touch with the Peach Pass Customer Service Center by calling the following number: 1-855-PCH-PASS or 1-855-724-7277.
Is it necessary to use Peach Pass every time I go to Georgia?
There are too many toll lanes in Georgia. To avoid losing time and money, getting a Peach Pass transponder is the best option.
You won’t have to deal with busy highways and will arrive at your destination in less time than you thought.
It’s the best option you have in these cases, and it brings the same benefits an E-ZPass would.