Renting out your car on Turo can be a great way to earn extra money, but one of the downsides is that you may have to deal with windshield rock chips. These tiny cracks or chips in the windshield can be caused by flying debris on the road, such as rocks or gravel. While they may seem minor, they can quickly become a major problem if left untreated. In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of preventing and repairing windshield rock chips and how to do it properly.
Preventing Windshield Rock Chips
The best way to deal with windshield rock chips is to prevent them from happening in the first place. Here are a few tips to help you keep your Turo car’s windshield in good condition:
- Keep a safe distance from other vehicles: When driving on the highway, keep a safe distance from other cars, especially those ahead of you. This will help you avoid getting hit by flying debris so that their tires may kick up.
- Avoid driving behind large trucks: Large trucks are notorious for kicking up rocks and other debris, so it’s best to avoid driving behind them if you can.
- Check your windshield wipers: Make sure they are in good working condition and replace them if worn or damaged. This will help you clear debris from your windshield more effectively.
- Use a bug deflector: A bug deflector is a device that attaches to the front of your car and helps to deflect bugs, rocks, and other debris away from your windshield.
- Keep your windshield clean: A dirty windshield can make it harder for you to see and make it easier for debris to stick to the glass. Make sure to keep your windshield clean and clear of any debris.
Repairing Windshield Rock Chips
If you end up with a windshield rock chip, it’s important to address it as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more likely it is to turn into a crack, which can be much more expensive to repair. Here are a few options for repairing a windshield rock chip:
- Do-it-yourself kits: You can purchase do-it-yourself kits with everything you need to repair a windshield rock chip. These kits are relatively inexpensive and easy to use.
- Professional repair: If you’re uncomfortable repairing yourself, you can take your car to a professional. They will be able to repair the chip quickly and correctly.
- Replace the windshield: In some cases, the chip or crack may be too big or too deep to repair. In these cases, you will need to replace the entire windshield.
Windshield rock chips can be a real pain, but they don’t have to be. With a little bit of prevention and quick repair, you can keep your Turo car’s windshield in good condition and avoid any major issues. Remember, the longer you wait to address a chip or crack, the more likely it is to turn into a bigger problem, so don’t hesitate to get it fixed as soon as possible.