Valvoline is a leading manufacturer of automotive lubricants, including motor oil. Dexos is an engine oil brand licensed by General Motors (GM). GM requires all new vehicles sold in the United States after 2011 to use Dexos-approved oil.
So, is Valvoline Dexos approved?
Yes, Valvoline makes several Dexos-approved oils. These oils are designed to meet or exceed the performance requirements of GM’s Dexos specifications.
The Different Types of Dexos Oil
There are two main types of Dexos oil: Dexos 1 and Dexos 2. Dexos 1 is designed for gasoline engines, while Dexos 2 is designed for diesel engines.
Valvoline Dexos-Approved Oils
The following Valvoline oils are Dexos-approved:
- Valvoline Full Synthetic MaxLife with Dexos 1 Gen 2
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic with Dexos 1 Gen 2
- Valvoline Conventional with Dexos 1 Gen 2
- Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife Technology with Dexos 1 Gen 2
- Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology with Dexos 1 Gen 2
Why Use Dexos Oil?
You should use Dexos oil in your GM vehicle for several reasons. First, Dexos oil is designed to meet or exceed the performance requirements of GM’s engines. This means it will help protect your engine from wear and tear, and keep it running smoothly.
Second, Dexos oil can help to improve fuel economy. This is because Dexos oil is more slippery than other types of oil, which reduces friction in the engine.
Third, Dexos oil can help to extend the life of your engine. This is because Dexos oil contains additives that can help to prevent deposits from forming in the engine.
Valvoline and Dexos Technology
Valvoline has been a leader in the development of Dexos technology. In fact, Valvoline was one of the first companies to develop a Dexos-approved oil. Valvoline continues to invest in research and development to ensure that its Dexos-approved oils meet or exceed the latest performance requirements of GM’s engines.
When choosing a Dexos-approved oil for your GM vehicle, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The type of oil you need will depend on your vehicle’s make, model, and year.
- You should also consider the driving conditions you typically experience. For example, if you live in a cold climate, you will need an oil that can handle cold weather.
- It is always a good idea to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual to get the specific oil recommendations for your car.
If you own a GM vehicle, it is important to use Dexos-approved oil. Dexos oil is designed to meet or exceed the performance requirements of GM’s engines, and can help to protect your engine from wear and tear, improve fuel economy, and extend the life of your engine.
Hi there! I’m Pavithra Vinoth, the proud owner of nytollsinfo.com. I’m just your everyday car enthusiast with a passion for sharing knowledge about tolls, solving car problems, exploring auto accessories, demystifying the world of car insurance and many more!