If you plan on moving to a new house or transporting some heavy items, you may consider renting a box truck from Enterprise. But how much does it cost to rent one? In this article, we will break down the costs associated with renting an Enterprise box truck.
What is an Enterprise box truck?
An Enterprise box truck is a vehicle designed for commercial use. It is used for moving or transporting heavy and bulky items, such as furniture, equipment, or supplies. Depending on your needs, these box trucks come in different sizes and models.
Enterprise is a car rental company that also offers box truck rentals. They have a fleet of well-maintained vehicles that you can rent for a day, a week, or longer.
Factors that affect the cost of renting an Enterprise box truck
The cost of renting an Enterprise box truck varies depending on several factors:
- Size: The size of the box truck you need will affect the cost. A smaller truck will cost less than a larger one.
- Duration: The length of time you rent the truck will also affect the cost. A shorter rental period will cost less than a longer one.
- Location: Where you rent the truck will also affect the cost. Some places may have higher rental fees than others.
- Distance: The distance you must travel with the truck will affect the cost. The longer the distance, the higher the cost.
- Insurance: You may opt to get insurance for the truck rental, which will add to the cost.
How to rent an Enterprise box truck
Renting an Enterprise box truck is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the Enterprise website or call their customer service hotline.
- Select the location where you want to rent the truck.
- Choose the type and size of the truck you need.
- Select the rental dates and times.
- Provide your personal and payment information.
- Confirm the reservation.
The average cost of renting an Enterprise box truck
The cost of renting an Enterprise box truck varies depending on the abovementioned factors. However, on average, you can expect to pay between $30 and $50 per day for a small box truck and between $80 and $120 per day for a larger one.
If you need to rent the truck for a longer period, you may be able to negotiate a lower daily rate. Enterprise also discounts certain groups, such as AAA members, military personnel, and students.
Is renting an Enterprise box truck worth it?
Renting an Enterprise box truck can be a good option to move or transport large and heavy items. It is usually cheaper than hiring a moving company or a professional transport service.
However, renting a box truck also comes with some drawbacks. You will need to drive yourself, which can be challenging if you are not used to driving large vehicles. You will also need to load and unload the items, which can be physically demanding.
Other options for moving and transporting
If you decide that renting an Enterprise box truck is not the best option for you, there are other alternatives you can consider:
- Hiring a moving company: This option is more expensive but can be more convenient if you decide that renting an Enterprise box truck is not the best option for you, there are other alternatives you can consider:
- Using a professional transport service is ideal for transporting heavy equipment or machinery. The transport service will have specialized vehicles and equipment to handle your items.
- Renting a trailer: If you have a vehicle that can tow a trailer, you can consider renting a trailer instead of a box truck. This option may be cheaper and more convenient if you only need to transport a few items.
Tips for renting an Enterprise box truck
If you decide to rent an Enterprise box truck, here are some tips to help you make the most of your rental:
- Choose the right size: Make sure you choose the right size truck for your needs. Renting a truck that is too small may require multiple trips, while renting a truck that is too large may cost more than necessary.
- Plan ahead: Make sure you plan ahead and book the truck rental in advance. This will ensure that the truck is available when you need it.
- Pack and load properly: Pack and load your items properly to prevent damage during transport. Use packing materials such as bubble wrap, packing paper, and moving blankets to protect your items.
- Drive safely: Driving a box truck requires extra caution and care. Ensure you are comfortable driving a large vehicle and obey traffic laws and regulations.
- Return the truck on time: Make sure you return the truck on time to avoid additional fees and charges.
Pros and cons of renting an Enterprise box truck
- Cheaper than hiring a moving company or professional transport service
- More convenient than using a trailer or other transport method
- Easy to book and rent through the Enterprise website or customer service hotline
- Well-maintained vehicles with roadside assistance available
- Requires driving and loading/unloading the items yourself
- Can be physically demanding and time-consuming
- Additional fees for insurance, fuel, and late returns
- Limited availability in some locations
Renting an Enterprise box truck can be a cost-effective and convenient way to move or transport large and heavy items. The cost of renting a box truck varies depending on several factors, but you can expect to pay between $30 and $120 per day. Before renting a box truck, choose the right size, plan ahead, pack and load properly, drive safely, and return the truck on time. If you prefer not to rent a box truck, there are other alternatives you can consider, such as hiring a moving company, using a professional transport service, or renting a trailer.