As a Harley Davidson rider, you know the joy of hitting the open road and feeling the wind on your face. However, one thing that can take away from the enjoyment of a ride is constantly having to stop and pay tolls. That’s where an EZ-Pass holder for Harley Davidson comes in.
What is an EZ-Pass?
EZ-Pass is an electronic toll collection system used on most tolled roads, bridges, and tunnels in the northeastern United States. It uses a small electronic transponder mounted on your vehicle and communicates with sensors at toll booths to automatically charge your account as you pass through. This eliminates the need to stop and pay cash or fumble with change, saving you time and hassle.
EZ-Pass for Motorcycles
While EZ-Pass is primarily designed for cars and trucks, it can also be used on motorcycles. However, mounting the transponder on a motorcycle can be trickier than on a car. That’s where an EZ-Pass holder for Harley Davidson comes in. These holders are specifically designed to hold the transponder conveniently and securely on your motorcycle, making it easy to use EZ-Pass while riding.
Types of EZ-Pass Holders for Harley Davidson
There are a few different types of EZ-Pass holders for Harley Davidson on the market, each with its unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Stick-On Holder: This type of holder consists of a small adhesive pad that sticks to your motorcycle and holds the transponder. These holders are lightweight and easy to install, but they may not be as durable as other options.
- Magnetic Holder: This type of holder uses a solid magnet to hold the transponder. These holders are more durable than stick-on holders and can quickly move from one motorcycle to another. However, they may not work well on motorcycles with metal fuel tanks.
- Hard-Case Holder: This type of holder consists of a protective case that holds the transponder and mounts to your motorcycle. These holders are the most durable and secure option, but they may be bulkier and more difficult to install.
Where to Buy an EZ-Pass Holder for Harley Davidson
You can find EZ-Pass holders for Harley Davidson at many motorcycle accessory stores and online retailers. Some popular options include:
- J&P Cycles: This online retailer specializes in motorcycle parts and accessories, including EZ-Pass holders. They offer various options from top brands like Kuryakyn, Show Chrome, and HogWorkz.
- RevZilla: This online retailer is known for their wide selection of motorcycle gear and accessories, including EZ-Pass holders. They offer options from brands like Kuryakyn, Show Chrome, and R&G Racing.
- Amazon: This online giant has a wide selection of EZ-Pass holders for Harley Davidson, including options from brands like Kuryakyn, Show Chrome, and Cruising Comfort.
Benefits of Using an EZ-Pass Holder for Harley Davidson
There are several benefits to using an EZ-Pass holder for Harley Davidson, including:
- Time-Saving: With an EZ-Pass holder, you can breeze through toll booths without having to stop and pay cash or fumble with change. This can save you significant time, especially on long rides.
- Convenience: An EZ-Pass holder allows you to have your transponder readily available at all times, eliminating the need to search for it or remove it from your vehicle when you pass through a toll.
- Cost-Effective: Depending on the toll roads you frequently travel on, using an EZ-Pass may actually save you money in the long run. Many toll facilities offer discounted rates for EZ-Pass users, which can add up over time.
- Secure: With an EZ-Pass holder, you don’t have to worry about losing your transponder or having it fall off your motorcycle. This can save you the hassle and cost of replacing a lost transponder.
- Easy to Use: Using an EZ-Pass holder is simple – mount the transponder on your motorcycle and pass through the toll booth as usual. The toll will be automatically charged to your account, and you can monitor your balance and add funds online or through a mobile app.
How to Install an EZ-Pass Holder for Harley Davidson
Installing an EZ-Pass holder for Harley Davidson is relatively easy, and most options come with detailed instructions. Here is a general overview of the process:
- Choose a location for the holder: The best location for the EZ-Pass holder will depend on the type of holder you are using and the specific features of your motorcycle. Some popular options include the handlebars, fairing, or license plate bracket. Consider factors like the holder’s size, the transponder sensor’s location, and any other accessories you may have mounted on your motorcycle.
- Mount the holder: Follow the instructions provided by your EZ-Pass holder to mount it to your motorcycle. This typically involves attaching the holder to your motorcycle with screws, bolts, or adhesive pads.
- Place the transponder in the holder: Once the holder is securely mounted to your motorcycle, place the EZ-Pass transponder in the holder according to the instructions provided. Make sure the transponder is properly positioned and secure in the holder.
- Test the transponder: Once it is in place, test it by passing through a toll booth or using a test lane (if available). Ensure the transponder appropriately communicates with the sensors and charges your account as expected.
- Register your transponder: If you haven’t already done so, register your EZ-Pass transponder online or through a mobile app. This will allow you to add funds to your account, monitor your balance, and make any necessary account updates.
An EZ-Pass holder for Harley Davidson is a convenient and cost-effective solution for motorcycle riders who frequently use toll roads. With an EZ-Pass holder, you can save time and hassle at toll booths and save money with discounted toll rates. Several types of EZ-Pass holders are available, and the installation process is generally straightforward. If you’re tired of stopping to pay tolls every time you ride, consider investing in an EZ-Pass holder for your Harley Davidson.
Hi there! I’m Pavithra Vinoth, the proud owner of nytollsinfo.com. I’m just your everyday car enthusiast with a passion for sharing knowledge about tolls, solving car problems, exploring auto accessories, demystifying the world of car insurance and many more!