As the popularity of car rental platforms like Turo continues to grow, many people have questions about their services. One common question is whether Turo offers roadside assistance to its renters. This blog post will take a closer look at Turo’s roadside assistance options and explain what you need to know.
What does Turo offer for roadside assistance?
Turo does offer roadside assistance for its renters, but it’s essential to understand that the level of coverage varies depending on the vehicle being rented. Turo provides two types of roadside assistance: standard and premium.
Standard roadside assistance: This type of roadside assistance is included with every Turo rental. It covers essential services such as jump-starting a dead battery, changing a flat tire, and providing fuel delivery in case of an empty tank. This coverage is limited to the first $50 of each incident, so renters will have to pay any additional costs out of pocket.
Premium roadside assistance: This type of roadside assistance is an optional add-on for renters. It offers more extensive coverage than standard roadside assistance, including towing and lockout services. Premium roadside assistance also has no limit on the number of incidents, so renters won’t have to worry about paying extra costs. However, it’s important to note that not all vehicles on Turo offer premium roadside assistance as an add-on.
How do I use Turo’s roadside assistance?
The process is relatively simple if you’re a renter and need to use Turo’s roadside assistance. Here’s what you need to do:
- Contact Turo’s customer service: You can reach Turo’s customer service team by phone or through the Turo app. They will ask you to provide details about your location and the problem you’re experiencing with the vehicle.
- Wait for assistance: Turo’s customer service team will contact a local service provider to assist you. The time it takes for help to arrive will depend on your location and the severity of the issue.
- Pay for any additional costs: If you’re using standard roadside assistance and the service exceeds $50, you’ll need to pay the extra costs out of pocket. You won’t have to worry about additional expenses if you have premium roadside assistance.
What should I know before renting on Turo?
While Turo’s roadside assistance can provide peace of mind, there are a few things you should know before renting on the platform:
- Not all vehicles on Turo offer premium roadside assistance: Before renting a vehicle, check if it provides premium roadside assistance as an add-on. You’ll only have access to standard roadside assistance if it doesn’t.
- Standard roadside assistance has a $50 limit: If you’re using standard roadside assistance, keep in mind that you’ll have to pay any additional costs out of pocket.
- Be prepared for longer wait times: Turo’s roadside assistance relies on local service providers, which means that wait times can vary depending on your location.
- You’re responsible for the vehicle: As the renter, you’re accountable for the vehicle while it’s in your possession. You’ll be liable for any damages or issues while renting it. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the vehicle before taking it on the road and immediately report any problems to the owner and Turo customer service.
- Consider purchasing additional coverage: While Turo’s roadside assistance is a helpful service, it may not be enough to fully protect you in case of an accident or other incident. Turo offers additional coverage options for renters, such as liability insurance and collision damage waivers. Be sure to consider these options before renting a vehicle.
In conclusion, Turo does offer roadside assistance for its renters, but it’s essential to understand the level of coverage and any additional costs associated with it. Before renting a vehicle on Turo, check if it offers premium roadside assistance and consider purchasing additional coverage to protect yourself while on the road. Remember, as a renter, you are responsible for the vehicle while it’s in your possession. Be sure to thoroughly inspect it before taking it on the road and report any issues immediately.
Hi there! I’m Pavithra Vinoth, the proud owner of nytollsinfo.com. I’m just your everyday car enthusiast with a passion for sharing knowledge about tolls, solving car problems, exploring auto accessories, demystifying the world of car insurance and many more!