If you’re a frequent car renter, you’re probably familiar with the time-consuming process of waiting in line to pick up your rental car. Luckily, some rental companies, like Enterprise, have introduced a new “Skip the Counter” feature to expedite the process. But what exactly is Skip the Counter, and how does it work?
What is Skip the Counter?
Skip the Counter is a feature offered by Enterprise that allows you to bypass the traditional rental counter and go straight to your rental car. This feature is designed to save time and reduce the hassle of renting a car, as you can go directly to your rental car without waiting in line.
How does Skip the Counter work?
To use Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature, you must make a reservation in advance and provide your driver’s license and credit card information. Enterprise will then send you an email with a barcode that you can scan at the rental location to access your rental car. Once you’ve scanned your barcode, you can proceed directly to your rental car and begin your trip.
Can anyone use Skip the Counter?
Unfortunately, not everyone can use Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature. To use this feature, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- You must be at least 21 years old (or 18 in certain states)
- You must have a credit card in your name
If you don’t meet these requirements, you’ll need to go through the traditional rental process at the counter.
Are there any additional fees for using Skip the Counter?
No additional fees exist for using Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature. However, if you add other services, like insurance or a GPS device, you must pay separately.
How do I use Skip the Counter?
Using Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature is easy. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Make a reservation in advance
- Provide your driver’s license and credit card information
- Receive an email from Enterprise with a barcode
- Go to the rental location and scan your barcode at the kiosk
- Proceed directly to your rental car and begin your trip
What are the benefits of using Skip the Counter?
The main benefit of using Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature is that it saves time. By bypassing the rental counter, you can get on the road faster and start your trip sooner. This is especially useful if you’re in a hurry or renting a car during a busy time of year when lines at the rental counter can be long.
Are there any drawbacks to using Skip the Counter?
While the Skip the Counter feature can be a time-saver, there are a few potential drawbacks to remember. For example:
- You may miss out on important information: When you skip the rental counter, you may miss out on important information about your rental car, such as how to operate the vehicle or where to find the gas tank.
- You may not be able to change your reservation: If you need to change your reservation, such as adding a driver or upgrading your car, you may need to go to the rental counter.
- The kiosk may not always work: While rare, there may be situations where the kiosk is out of service or experiencing technical difficulties, which could delay your rental process.
Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature can be useful for renters who want to save time and avoid waiting in line at the rental counter. However, it’s important to note that not everyone can use this feature, and there are potential drawbacks to skipping the counter. You must weigh the pros and cons and decide if Skip the Counter is right for you.
Overall, Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature is an excellent option for renters who want to streamline the rental process and get on the road faster. By making a reservation in advance and providing your information, you can scan your barcode and be on your way without having to wait in line at the rental counter.
If you’re eligible for Skip the Counter, take advantage of this feature on your next rental with Enterprise. And if you’re not sure you’re eligible, check with Enterprise customer service for more information.
- How do I know if I’m eligible for Enterprise’s Skip the Counter feature?
You’re eligible if you have a valid driver’s license, are at least 21 years old (or 18 in certain states), and have a credit card in your name.
- Is there an additional fee for using Skip the Counter?
No, there are no additional fees for using this feature.
- Can I make changes to my reservation if I use Skip the Counter?
You may need to go to the rental counter to change your reservation, such as adding a driver or upgrading your car.
- What if the kiosk is out of service or experiencing technical difficulties?
While rare, this could potentially delay your rental process.
- Can I still use Skip the Counter if I’m a first-time renter with Enterprise?
Yes, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements and make a reservation in advance.