The Amex Platinum card is a popular credit card that comes with a variety of benefits and perks. One of these perks is travel insurance coverage, which can be helpful when renting a car. However, not all rental car companies are covered by the Amex Platinum benefits. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Turo car rentals and whether or not they are covered by the Amex Platinum card.
Amex Platinum Card Benefits
The Amex Platinum card comes with a variety of benefits, including travel insurance coverage. This coverage can be helpful when renting a car, as it can protect you in case of an accident or other unexpected events. The Amex Platinum benefits also include roadside assistance, which can be helpful if your rental car breaks down or you have other issues on the road.
Does Amex Platinum Cover Turo Rentals?
Unfortunately, Turo car rentals are not covered by the Amex Platinum benefits. This means that if you rent a car through Turo and something happens, you won’t be able to rely on your Amex Platinum benefits for coverage. It’s important to keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to rent a car through Turo.
Other Credit Cards That Cover Turo Rentals
While the Amex Platinum card doesn’t cover Turo rentals, other credit cards do. For example, the Chase Sapphire Reserve card offers primary car rental coverage for Turo rentals. This means that if something happens, you can file a claim with Chase first, rather than going through your own insurance.
How to Book a Turo Rental with Amex Platinum
Even though the Amex Platinum benefits don’t cover Turo rentals, you can still use your Amex Platinum card to book a rental. When you book a rental through Turo, you can use your Amex Platinum card to pay for the rental. This can help you earn rewards points and other benefits that come with using your Amex Platinum card for purchases.
Important Considerations Before Renting a Turo Car
Before you decide to rent a car through Turo, there are some important considerations to keep in mind. First, Turo rentals are not covered by the Amex Platinum benefits, so you’ll need to make sure you have other insurance coverage in case something happens. Second, Turo rentals can be riskier than renting from a traditional rental car company, as you’re renting from an individual rather than a corporation. Finally, you’ll need to make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the rental agreement before you book a Turo rental.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I use my Amex Platinum card to pay for a Turo rental?
- Yes, you can use your Amex Platinum card to pay for a Turo rental, but the Amex Platinum benefits won’t cover the rental.
- Does any credit card cover Turo rentals?
- Yes, some credit cards do offer coverage for Turo rentals. The Chase Sapphire Reserve card is one example.
- What kind of insurance do I need when renting a car through Turo?
- You’ll need to have your own insurance coverage when renting a car through Turo. Turo also offers its own insurance coverage, but it’s optional and comes at an additional cost.
- Are Turo rentals more expensive than traditional rental car companies?
- It depends on the rental car company and the type of car you’re looking to rent. In some cases, Turo rentals can be more expensive, but in other cases, they can be cheaper.
- What should I do if something happens during my Turo rental?
- If something happens during your Turo rental, you should contact Turo’s customer support team immediately. They’ll be able to assist you and guide you through the process of filing a claim if necessary.
In conclusion, if you’re considering renting a car through Turo and you have an Amex Platinum card, it’s important to know that the Amex Platinum benefits won’t cover the rental. However, you can still use your Amex Platinum card to pay for the rental and earn rewards points. If you’re looking for coverage for a Turo rental, you’ll need to consider other credit cards that offer this type of coverage or purchase your own insurance. As with any car rental, it’s important to read the rental agreement carefully and understand the terms and conditions before booking a rental through Turo.
Hi there! I’m Pavithra Vinoth, the proud owner of nytollsinfo.com. I’m just your everyday car enthusiast with a passion for sharing knowledge about tolls, solving car problems, exploring auto accessories, demystifying the world of car insurance and many more!