If you own a 2015 Chevy Colorado, you know that the touch screen display is essential to your vehicle’s entertainment and information system. Unfortunately, these screens are prone to damage or malfunction, frustrating any driver. This guide will walk you through replacing your 2015 Chevy Colorado touch screen.
The Symptoms of a 2015 Chevy Colorado Damaged Touch Screen
Before we dive into the replacement process, it’s essential to identify the symptoms of a damaged touch screen. The following are some common signs of a faulty touch screen:
- The touch screen is unresponsive or doesn’t respond to touch commands
- The screen has cracks or scratches
- The screen is displaying distorted or abnormal graphics
- The touch screen is freezing or turning off unexpectedly.
Buying the Replacement Touch Screen
Once you have identified that your touch screen needs replacing, the next step is to purchase a new one. You can buy a replacement touch screen from your local Chevy dealership or an online store. When purchasing the touch screen, ensure it’s compatible with your 2015 Chevy Colorado model.
Gather the Required Tools
Before you begin the replacement process, ensure you have all the necessary tools. Here are some of the tools you’ll need:
- A flathead screwdriver
- A Phillips screwdriver
- A plastic trim removal tool
- A socket wrench set
- A pry tool
Removing the Old Touch Screen
The first step in replacing your touch screen is to remove the old one. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off your vehicle’s engine and remove the key from the ignition.
- Use a plastic trim removal tool to remove the trim around the touch screen.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the screws holding the touch screen in place.
- Use a pry tool to remove the touch screen from the dashboard gently.
Installing the New Touch Screen
Once you have removed the old touch screen, it’s time to install the new one. Here’s how to do it:
- Gently place the new touch screen into the dashboard.
- Use a socket wrench set to secure the touch screen in place with screws.
- Reinstall the trim around the touch screen using a plastic trim removal tool.
Testing the New Touch Screen
After you have installed the new touch screen, it’s time to test it to ensure it functions correctly. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your vehicle’s engine to see if the touch screen is responsive.
- Test all the touch screen functions, including the radio, navigation, and Bluetooth.
- If the touch screen is working correctly, you’re good to go.
Replacing your 2015 Chevy Colorado touch screen may seem daunting, but it’s a straightforward process with the right tools and a little patience. Remember to take your time, follow the steps carefully, and thoroughly test the new touch screen to ensure everything works correctly. If you’re not confident in your abilities, don’t hesitate to seek the help of a professional mechanic.